Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The End


First, some songs (to which you are by no means obligated to listen)...







...then, some pictures...






























































...and now, final words:



Thank you.

For reading, for caring, and for telling me that you do. Lord knows there were days when my spirit was resurrected through a simple e-mail. Your prayers and words of encouragement have sustained me throughout this year. Praise be to God, who brought you all on this journey with me!

Just so you know, here are the logistics of my travel and transition back to the States. Tomorrow, I’ll be in Amman with my fellow MCC volunteer Kristy. We’ll probably just sit around, look at pictures, and cry together. Then, at 11:00 PM, we’ll head to the airport, and in the middle of the night, we’ll fly to Frankfurt. After a lovely German breakfast of sausage and beer, we’ll fly to Philly, where we’ll spend the next four or five days recuperating alongside the other 50 or so MCC one-year volunteers. 

Then I’ll fly back to home base in Texas, which is where I’ll stay (excepting a couple of short road trips) for the following five weeks or so. In the beginning of September, I’ll head out to Princeton Seminary and begin pursuing a Master of Divinity degree.

During this time of transition, it would be my privilege to continue sharing, however I can, about my experiences this year. And of course, I want to get caught up on your lives as well. So, don’t hesitate to reach out. 

I also want to mention that my family will be hosting a welcome home party. We’ll talk together, eat dessert, and watch the adorable “Deaf News Jordan” video that the school made this year (assuming I can get my hands on a projector and some plug-in thingies). My mom is sending out invitations, but perhaps some people who’ve been following the blog and who would enjoy being a part of the conversation won’t be on her list, so feel free to contact me, and I’ll fill you in on the details.



 That's all for the logistics.

...But how to end?



To Us Little Prophets


None have seen
what you've seen,
or heard what you've heard,
or felt what you've felt.
Every life's journey is utterly unique.
None have experienced God like you have.
So take a deep breath and open wide.

We will illuminate
angels and demons
within the demons and angels they've made.
Problems will become persons,
strangers will become saints,
they will become us,
and we will become them.

But take care:
these weapons build up and tear down
what the strongest of armies never will.
Always listen first
and last.
But take risks:
in the end, we cannot lose.

Go
tell it
on the nearest mound.
Keep going.
Perhaps we won't change the world,
but we can change
ours. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful final post from Jordan. I love the poem (lyrics?). Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's call this one a cross between a poem and a pep talk :) Ditto the can't wait to see you and the fam!

      Delete
  2. I love you. I love this post. I love what Jesus has done in and through you. I love that I will get to hug you soon.

    Amy
    P.S. I want to frame every one of those precious pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh I'm in tears. So proud of you Wills and I will be praying for a safe trip!! <3 Brit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your encouragement this year, friend! Much love.

      Delete