Wednesday, October 10, 2012

See the Boy



His name is Morhaf. 














A  few others... 



This is Mohammed. My SALT predecessor, Brent Stutzman, worked with him for three years. Now, Mohammed possesses language skills that are nothing short of extraordinary. 




This is Issa. His spirit is utterly tranquil. The other day, he prepared (with the help of his teacher) a delicious pudding snack for his fellow deaf-blind students.






This is Hazem. He and his teacher have walked to the cafeteria and are picking up a fruit snack for the deaf-blind students. 


Starting next week, I will be working almost exclusively with Hazem whenever I am serving in the deaf-blind unit. 





Lord willing, Morhaf will follow in the footsteps of these three boys. 





1 comment:

  1. I visited HLID last April and met some of these young people. I love to tell their story here. It's so inspirational and full of hope.

    Thank you so much for your efforts. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Peace and Blessings,
    James Wheeler
    Global Family US

    ReplyDelete